Saturday, October 21, 2017

Pink Flamingo Fund Raiser

Print Email

J Walkers Discount Card Sale

Print Email

The J Walkers are selling discount cards for $5 each!  They have discounts to businesses in London, Hilliard, and Springfield.  All proceeds from the cards will go to our transportation fund.  Find a youth or see Chez for more details.

Kroger Community Rewards - J Walkers

Print Email

Your Kroger Purchases Can Benefit J Walkers

Register for Kroger Community Rewards!!

 

 

Pathway of Memories

Print Email

Pathway of Memories

The first members of what would become the First United Methodist Church in London began meeting in 1812 through the efforts and teachings of a circuit rider by the name of Rev. Moses Trader, assigned to the Paint Creek Circuit. Rev. Trader organized our early church in 1813; members represented the very first church congregation in London, Ohio. A log cabin, much like this one, was built to house the church in 1818, located at the corner of Walnut and East Fifth streets, southwest corner.

In 1840 a wood-framed church was built on S. Oak Street for what was then called the Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1860 the brick church above was built on the site. The parsonage behind the church (facing W. 2nd St) was added later, and is currently a residence which can be seen across from the Post Office.

Today, our beautiful church, built in 1893-1894 at 52 N. Main Street, has been loving maintained and restored over the years. We are raising funds through this and other projects to pay off the Capital Campaign.

Miss Geraldine Henry was born in London, Ohio on April 28, 1913 to William and Cora Henry. She graduated from Cedarville College, and is its oldest living alumna. As Miss Geraldine turned 100 in our Bicentennial Year, and for all the many lives she has touched in our church and in our community, our new “Pathway of Memories” is named in her honor.

Click here for Pathway of Memories Brick Order Form